The unique itineraries of AmaWaterways allow travelers to delve even deeper into the rich history and culture of Europe.
AmaWaterways is about providing guests with the best travel experiences possible. In fact, “Ama” is derived from the Latin word for “love.” It is a concept that permeates every aspect of AmaWaterways river cruises, from ship design and itinerary development to the high levels of service delivered to guests.
EXperience the luxury of more with amawaterways
AmaWaterways Has Always Been Inspired by a Vision of Innovation.
Among other things, AmaWaterways was the first to offer twin-balcony (a French balcony and outside balcony) staterooms, include a specialty restaurant, carry a bicycle fleet on board, and offer a broad selection of tours. AmaWaterways ships are uniquely designed to minimize the impact of water levels on the river, featuring low drafts for when there isn’t enough water, and specially engineered wheelhouses for when there is too much water.
Because the ship is your floating sanctuary, fewer guests (at most 164) are carried and staterooms are larger with more amenities. With fewer people on board, public spaces like restaurants and lounges are never crowded, and accommodations range from 155 square feet all the way up to 350 square feet.
The Cruise Destinations
EXPLORE EUROPE’S AMAZING SIGHTS—ON, AND OFF, THE BEATEN PATH
AmaWaterways offers unique itineraries that let travelers delve even deeper into the rich history and culture of Europe. Wine cruises are the perfect way to add an epicurean dimension to your journey, with bonus wine-related excursions and even a wine expert on board. Or you can get into the holiday spirit like never before on a Christmas Markets cruise.
MORE WAYS TO DISCOVER
More Included Tours
Guests have different tastes, so AmaWaterways developed a menu of shore excursions in every port of call—all of which are included in your cruise fare.
Each itinerary is crafted with a paramount goal in mind: connecting you to the essence of life in each place you visit. Every tour is led by a local, English-speaking guide who is very knowledgeable in the culture and history of the place you are visiting.
Choose your pace: In many cases, you’ll have a choice of gentle, regular, and active tour paces. There are even some options for late risers.
Special Interest Tours
These tours provide small groups the chance to be even more immersed in a destination. Below are just a few examples:
- Indulge in authentic Belgian waffles and chocolate in Antwerp
- Try your hand at knotting a bretzel (German for “pretzel”) in Wertheim
- Go to a bratwurst and beer tasting at the oldest brewery in Nuremberg
- Discover hidden treasures on a tour of Vienna’s secret spots and sights
- Sample Bavarian specialties like pralines in Regensburg
Guided Bike Tours
AmaWaterways was the first river cruise line to carry an entire fleet of complimentary bicycles on board, so you can bike alongside enchanting riverside pathways and in city centers. Whether you want a guided bike tour or to discover on your own, there are many ways for you to explore on two wheels during your cruise. Here are a few examples:
- Bike along the beautiful Danube River between Dürnstein and Melk in Austria’s Wachau Valley
- Tour Cologne’s Old Town and Cathedral along the Rhine River
- See the medieval city of Rouen in France’s historic Normandy region, near the Seine River
- Take in wooded hills and beaches of poplars along the scenic shores in Passau
- Go on a guided bike ride in Vienna, where you’ll visit Klosterneuberg Abbey and enjoy cake and coffee
Take a look at life on board an AmaWaterways ship.